The terrible twos… more like the terrible teens!
In the first part of the two-part episode series on parenting teenagers, Lee Ann elaborates on the following topics to help improve communication and hopefully better your relationship with your teenager:
- Using “neutral ground communication” when trying to improve communication.
- The best and worst time to try and talk to your teens.
- How to empathize with them instead of judging them.
- The importance of following through with consequences for misbehavior or disobedience.
- Why you should establish rules and regulations early on.
- The benefits of showing remorse to your child instead of having guilt – healthy remorse will benefit both you and your teen, and harmful guilt could cause destruction beyond repair.
- Seeking community and wisdom from other Christian parents or the church and not be embarrassed.
- Reading between your teens’ words and anger – they don’t actually hate you!
A recommended resource to help you improve communication with your teen: Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes How to Say No, by Dr. John Townsend.
RCK social media:
Love this episode? Please leave us a rating/review and share this episode with a friend! You can find a list of all our episodes here.
Podcast: Play in new window
SUBSCRIBE RSS | SUBSCRIBE TO THE RCK PODCAST