God states in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord…”
Whether in our personal or professional lives, having a well-thought-out plan allows us to focus on what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. And we can teach our children early why it’s important to plan and how to become good planners.
During this episode, Lee Ann elaborates on these six reasons why planning is important:
- It clarifies where one is going and how to get there and helps identify the purpose and goal instead of feeling like we are wasting time.
- Planning helps optimize the use of our time, talent, and money and ensures that efforts are focused on activities that matter most, thus improving productivity.
- It helps us identify potential risks and challenges and minimizes uncertainties, thereby improving the chances of successful outcomes.
- Effective planning helps us prioritize tasks, set deadlines, delegate responsibilities, and track progress.
- It helps us to be ready to adapt to changing circumstances and allows flexibility in adjusting strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Lastly, it encourages teamwork and collaboration by promoting effective communication and coordination to achieve collective goals.
Lee Ann also elaborates on these key takeaways on why children need to be good planners now so that they can become successful adults later:
- Good planning helps children establish productive daily routines and makes it easier for them to obey because they know what is expected.
- Learning to plan helps them prioritize tasks crucial for meeting deadlines, completing assignments, and managing their busy schedules as they grow older.
- Planning helps children take responsibility for their actions or inactions.
- It helps children learn problem-solving skills as they anticipate challenges and come up with solutions ahead of time.
- It helps children set goals and work towards achieving them; breaking down tasks into manageable steps and accomplishing goals fosters a sense of achievement. This helps to develop analytical thinking and problem-solving.
Resources: “Goal Setting for Kids Resources” by Vibrant Christian Living, “The Scientific Method for Preschool Kids: It’s Easier Than You Think” by Early Learning Ideas, & “What Does the Bible Say About Planning?” by Church Fuel.
RCK social media:
Love this episode? Please leave us a rating/review and share this episode with a friend! You can find a list of all our episodes here.