Published: October 25, 2023
In this quick, easy, no-prep game, kids explore how Jesus calms our fears as they react to “scary” scenarios.
No-Prep Game: 3 Big Breaths
Say: Jesus calms our fears. Let’s take three big, deep, calming breaths. Lead kids in three big breaths—in through the nose and out through the mouth.
Say: It’s good that you know how to calm down because you’ll need to react to some very scary things that are about to happen!
- Have kids stand, spread out, and then act out their reaction to each scenario you present from the list below.
- Between rounds, have kids take three big breaths to calm down. Remind them that no matter what happens, Jesus calms our fears.
- Scary scenarios suggestions:
- An elephant stampede—run!
- A hamster attack—run again!
- A kangaroo wants to kickbox—fight back!
- The floor tilts—somersault down the hill!
- Logs roll off a truck—jump over them!
- A skunk lets loose—spin fast to repel the stink!
- Bears show up—bear crawl so you blend in!
- You walk into a spider web—shake it off!
- The floor is lava—keep jumping to avoid a hot foot!
- Let the game keep going as long as needed to fill time until parents begin to arrive. If you run out of “scary” scenarios, let kids help you think of more silly ideas!
This simple no-prep game comes from DIG IN Children’s Church. When you have extra time you need to fill, DIG IN Children’s Church has got you covered with the Overtime Activity block, where you’ll find activities like these ones that require no supplies and no prep! For even more game ideas, check out these posts!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.