“Rather than making the child fit your mold, be flexible enough to be able to work with the child as to his age and stage and personality. And with the older kids, how great to have them perhaps read a verse. Get them involved in training in the teaching. So, you could have a situation where the older one has got the job of reading a verse, and the younger one maybe acts it out.” – Lori Wildenberg.
Once a month, Lori and Lee Ann will discuss complex topics regarding parenting and disciplining. Lori Wildenberg is a national speaker, a licensed parent-family educator of over 25 years, and an award-winning author of six Christian parenting books. Lori also leads the popular Moms Together Facebook Community Page and Group.
During this episode, Lee Ann and Lori dive into practical and insightful strategies for making devotional family time meaningful and less stressful, especially when dealing with young, energetic children. Both ladies will also discuss the benefits of individual and group devotional settings and share personal experiences of what they did with their children.
- Keep devotionals short and active to engage young children.
- Use action-oriented materials and activities to teach biblical concepts.
- Allow children to move and be active when doing devotions.
- Taking them to the playground or incorporating activities can help them learn and stay engaged.
- Tailor your approach to each child’s unique personality and learning style.
- Be flexible and creative in how you involve each child.
- Take devotional family time outside the home to places like the zoo, museum, or nature spots – use these experiences to connect biblical teachings with the world around them.
- Incorporate biblical elements into daily routines, such as morning blessings, dinner conversations, and individual time with teenagers to discuss God’s word.
- The goal is to make this time with God enjoyable, interactive, and meaningful, nurturing children’s spiritual growth in a way that fits their age and personality.
RCK social media:
Love this episode? Please leave us a rating/review and share this episode with a friend! You can find a list of all our episodes here.