When teenagers don’t experience connection and consistency, they have a hard time developing self-control and responsibility.
The last episode detailed ideas and ways to improve communication with teens. During this episode, Lee Ann continues to share her wisdom from her research to help you and your parenting partner, or just you if you’re a single parent, discipline your teenagers more effectively!
Lee Ann elaborates on the following suggestions to help you discipline your teens more effectively:
- The importance of parents sticking together with proper punishments and mutual agreements when disciplining.
- The irreversible damage from “split parenting.”
- Triangulation and how it can negatively affect your parenting patterns.
- The necessary balance between love, consistency, responsibility, and dependability.
- Overindulging and overcompensation with your teens when parents discipline too harshly or harbor guilt.
Books to help single parents or stepparents navigate their family: The 10 Best Decisions a Single Mom Can Make: A Biblical Guide for Navigating Family Life on Your Own, by Pam Farrel and Peggy Sue and 101 Tips for the Smart Stepmom: Expert Advice from One Stepmom to Another, by Laura Petherbridge.
Bible passages to help your teens understand they are not alone and God is always there, even when they are misbehaving or being disciplined:
RCK social media:
Love this episode? Please leave us a rating/review and share this episode with a friend! You can find a list of all our episodes here.
Podcast: Play in new window
SUBSCRIBE RSS | SUBSCRIBE TO THE RCK PODCAST