“The 6th day of creation wasn’t the end of creation; it was just the beginning. It’s simply when God passes the baton to his image bearers and says, ‘pick up where I left off and go fill this earth for my glory and the good of others.’” -Jordan Raynor
Jordan Raynor helps Christians respond to the radical, biblical truth that their work matters for eternity. He does this through his bestselling books, his podcast, Mere Christians, and a weekly devotional, The Word Before Work. In addition to his writing, Jordan serves as the Executive Chairman of Threshold 360, a venture-backed tech startup that Jordan previously ran as CEO following a string of successful ventures of his own.
- Jordan’s insight from two of his bestselling books, Redeeming Your Time (for adults) and The Creator in You (for children).
- The reason that we redeem our time – we don’t redeem our time to be more successful; we do it because when we do our work with excellence and love in accordance with God’s commands, it shines a light pointing to our heavenly father.
- We can help our children understand that God is an active working God, not just a God who creates. He not only continues to work through people but he also continues to work in Heaven.
- Scripture can help motivate our children to have the desire to create and honor God and steer them to not only think about the dignity and the goodness of work but, more importantly, the purpose of work.
- We just need to be faithful in the present and trust the promise from the scriptures that even though we may not like our job, one day, work will be perfect worship once again in his heavenly kingdom.
RCK social media:
Love this episode? Please leave us a rating/review and share this episode with a friend! You can find a list of all our episodes here.
Podcast: Play in new window
SUBSCRIBE RSS | SUBSCRIBE TO THE RCK PODCAST