“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” – Acts 10:35
Who doesn’t like free, adorable books? Especially if they’re written by Michelle Medlock Adams! She’s an award-winning author of over 100 books with more than 4 million books sold; you probably already have some of her titles in your child’s library.
Here’s the fun part: we are giving away four of her most recent releases. Three of them are award-winning, and two of them, Fly High and Our God is Bigger Than That, are ECPA finalists for the Best Children’s Book award!
Here’s a little insight to each adorable book we are giving away:
I Love You to the Sun and Beyond
This is a heartwarming, educational picture book that helps parents tell their kids how much they love them while teaching them interesting facts about the world.
“I love you.”
“I love you more.”
- Almost every parent and child play this game of who loves who more. Wall decorations say: “I Love You More” and even movies have characters who join in with this debate. This book will help children realize how much they are loved – “to the sun and beyond.”
- How much you love someone isn’t always easy to quantify, but I Love You to the Sun and Beyond explains to your children just how much you love them through more than twenty wonderful and wacky analogies. From python hugs to Nikola Tesla to the Mariana Trench, your little reader will have fun learning about the world and the amazing things in it while understanding the most important thing of all: how much you care.
Our God Is Bigger Than That!
Our God Is Bigger Than That! begins as the sun rises on the farm, and the baby animals face their individual fears throughout the day.
- Each one discovers the simple truth: God is so much bigger than their fears. As the sun sets on the farm, the farmer’s young daughter heads to bed but is afraid of the dark. She, too, faces her fear.
- The same repeated stanza: “God’s greater than your greatest fear. He knows just where you’re at. No matter what you face in life― Our God is bigger than that!” continues throughout the book, with only “the source of the fear” changing in each spread.
Love Connects Us All!
Families come in all shapes and sizes. It’s Michelle’s hope that children everywhere will find themselves in this text and realize that a family can be any group of people who love each other, and that God is all about family. After all, He is our heavenly Father.
- Meaning of a Family
- Non-biological Families
- God’s Love for Family
- Importance of Love in Relationships
- Adoption and Fostering
Fly High: Understanding Grief with God’s Help
Experiencing loss in whatever way it comes to us affects everyone differently.
- As adults, we have learned how to verbalize our feelings. However, many children lack the vocabulary and understanding to identify the emotions they experience when they face grief. They just know they are hurting inside.
- They are feeling sad, angry, lonely, or maybe even scared. These feelings manifest in different ways depending on the ages of the children. This book explores the story of a sister and a brother who love watching a mama bird care for her babies until the unthinkable happens – the mother bird dies. The reader is taken on a journey through various emotions of grief. The story ends with baby birds learning to fly, and the promise of hope that is found in new beginnings.
It is our desire is that each reader will recognize that it is normal to experience the feelings that come with loss, and that each new day offers healing, hope, and promise.
- Feeling sad, angry, or scared
As always, Raising Christian Kids is devoted to helping you be the very best spiritual leader for your children. Thank you, Michelle, for partnering with us to give away these adorable books and equip all who are raising the next generation to love and adore Jesus!
Follow Raising Christian Kids On: